I stubbed my toe...(and other tales from Lake Woebegon)

The greatest old ladies you will ever meet.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Eight Months? Really? yikes.

Well ladies, even though that lame hornell girl hasn't officially updated, I have a computer science project I'm avoiding and thought now would be a fabulous time to update.

This will be long but hopefully not too boring.

For those of you losers who were NOT at Faith on Sunday for Easter, you missed one heck of a boring time. I'm really not liking that church too much except for seeing faces of people I've known since I was 3. Good thing I only go to church 2 times a year and they gave me a $500 scholarship...oops.

Well where to start... We’ll try going by month because lately I've been a list maker.

August-

  • Formal Recruitment for Alpha Xi Delta was fun to prepare for but I wasn't there for the actual recruitment week because I was at marching band. We got an amazing number of girls and it was a really good year for our chapter.
  • School started and I applied for the school of education which Pam Voves wrote me a recommendation for, I got in! Which was good seeing as I've wanted to teach since I was 5 and have no back up plan whatsoever.

September-

  • Iowa football and marching band consumed my life.

  • Classes taken: Space and Functions, Abstract Algebra, Educational Psychology and General Chemistry (think chem with Pettus but WAY easier)

  • Math Classes were hard. They consisted of Spaces and Functions, and Abstract Algebra which halfway through the semester I found out were the two hardest classes in my program and I was an idiot for taking them at the same time. But it is good to know my hard proof courses are done with.

  • My Tuesday and Thursday afternoons were filled with a little girl named Gretta for the entire fall and I miss her a lot! She was 13 months when I started babysitting her. adorable.

October-

  • I got a little sis in the house named Rachel. She later dropped the house due to personal reasons but is moving back in this fall!!! Yay!

  • Iowa started sucking at football and it made me very very sad.

  • Two of my really good friends Caitlin and Katy came home to GE with me. It was a blast.
November-

  • I went to the bars in Iowa City for the first time ever. Fell in love and now actually enjoy going out.

***This is Samantha, Amy, Me and Caitlin - three of my best friends here.***

  • Was selected as my chapters MVP (Membership Vice President) which means I basically am in charge of organizing recruitment and making sure we have enough members so our house is getting bigger.
December-
  • Finals. Boo.

  • Worked Toys R Us as usual.

  • Secured my fabulous nannying job for another summer in GE
January-
  • Went to San Antonio with the marching band upon which I decided not to do marching band next year. It will be too much of a time commitment and I realized I like my friends outside of band a lot and don’t want my life consumed with HMB.

  • Classes started: Computer Science (ew), Technology in the Classroom, Foundations of Geometry, Orientation to Secondary Ed, Teaching Reading in Secondary Content Areas, Foundations of Education

  • Had a “semi-formal” recruitment weekend on campus and we got 2 amazing new girls!

February-

  • DANCE MARATHON! I was a Morale Captain Assistant and loved every minute of it.

  • ***Caitlin, Lauren, me and Samantha- MCAs wear Tye-dye!!!***



  • Recruitment time was over. We ended up with 7 new girls total.

  • I repainted my room! It is now coral. You’ll have to see it.

  • Mom’s day for Alpha Xi Delta happened to be the day of an huge Ice Storm but my mom came anyway and we had a really fun time.
March-
  • I interviewed and was selected as MORALE CAPTAIN for DM 2008!(So is Rachel Webster...not so sure how I feel about that)

  • I went to South Carolina with 4 fabulous ladies. It was really fun and I got to see Stephanie Lynn!

  • I got another Little Sis named Abby who is fabulous beyond belief.

***Me and Abby on Big Sis revealing - She's not really little though, she's 5'11"!***


April-
  • A lot of social stuff going on with various organizations

  • Planning everything for formal recruitment this fall has taken over my life

  • I’m 20 in like 17 days? YIKES!

  • School is almost over which makes me so happy because my classes are way boring this semester.

I think that is pretty much it! No new boys as of late but there are 11 very cute boys on Morale this year and they are all really nice so we'll see. Alpha Xi Delta has run my life mostly but it is fun and I'm really liking it. Minus the occasional dramatic incident.

Lindsay Hornell is coming to IOWA next year which means even if it isn't Laura, I'll still get some Hornell in my life.

Anything else...just ask me :o) Although I think I pretty much covered it.

Oh, Jane Schwartz is running for the District 41 school board. Vote for her/tell your parents to vote for her.

Alright, I'm off to Steak and Shake...this post has taken me almost an hour to format and add pictures to so let's hope it posts.

Laura, get your ass in gear and post something. AJ I like your post and the fact that you add music, Stephanie Lynn I hope you had a fab 20th birthday. Your card has yet to be put in the mail but it is sitting on my desk just waiting to be sent.

Love you all!!!!

-me

p.s. my name on here used to be Schwartz but I figured if we were trying to hide identities, that wasn't the best way to secure our blog. hence Bex was formed.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home